Date: Nov 16, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Req Id: 196113
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 136 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell is a Canadian business with a rich and deep history of providing communications services to Canadians across the nation. We are committed to providing exceptional service and products to our clients and to providing a challenging and rewarding working environment to our employees. This devotion has won us a rank among Canada’s top 100 employees in 2018 for the second year in a row: http://www.canadastop100.com/2018/bell-canada/.
If you love coaxing insight out of messy, wild data, this fast-growing, high demand career field is where you want to be. Check out: What It's Like to Have the Best Job in America right Now - Business Insider.
Bell’s Business Intelligence team is responsible for the management and optimization of BI systems used to analyze customer behavior, automate business insight processes, target marketing & contact strategy opportunities and provide insight to drive optimal business decisions.
This is a terrific opportunity to help transform the organization, and achieve one of the most significant strategic mandates within Bell, leveraging machine learning and AI algorithms to drive business decisions. As part of this team, you will have opportunities to build your analytics skills, shape the next generation of BI and drive important business decisions working with new, cutting-edge technologies. We are looking for individuals who are highly logical, passionate, and can communicate effectively to all levels within the organization.
What our Team members have to say:
“We work in a fast-paced environment, which allows us to learn about many unique parts of the business in short periods of time. I have the ability and freedom to continually leverage my ideas and research to help solve business problems.”
“To me, the best thing about working for Bell is the amazing people. I am surrounded by a very supportive team and on a daily basis I collaborate with highly talented individuals throughout the company to solve complex business problems.”
Role: Senior Data Scientist, Modeling and Segmentation, Business Intelligence
Key responsibilities may include:
- Working with clients in Customer Operations, Small Business, Finance, Marketing, Pricing and IT Specialists, etc. to make data driven business decisions
- Leading the technical and infrastructure abilities of the team in how we build and deliver models to our clients
- Translating business imperatives into data centered questions to be able to quantify and evaluate them
- Build applied machine-learning solutions to improve Customer Experience and optimize Customer Operations processes.
- Work with and present to all management levels (entry to executive)
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of ML through training opportunities and self-study
- Deliver solutions with measureable results
- You have a graduate degree in a discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning or 4+ years of experience in Machine Learning or related area
- You are highly analytical and logical individual and have the ability to leverage insights/opportunities from data to build strategies and make recommendations
- Experience analytical tools such as Python, R, SAS, or SPSS
- You have the ability to work with a team towards common goals
- You are able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- You are a self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels
- You are highly driven to learn about the newest machine learning techniques and to apply them to solve business problems
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset in Ontario and a requirement in Quebec
- Experience with classifier systems, predictive modeling algorithms, or ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Spark ML, Torch, Caffe, H2O, Kafka, Flume, etc.
- Experience with SQL and database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata
- Experience with distributed data and computational resources such as Hadoop, HDFS in general, Docker, Dask
- Basic working knowledge of project management steps
- Experience in telecom marketing or product development
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills
Application Deadline: 11/19/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.