Category:Accounting & Finance
Work Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Senior Commodity Tax Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commodity Tax Analyst, working in our Calgary Corporate office. Reporting to the Manager, Commodity Taxes, the successful candidate will be responsible for Commodity Tax compliance, research and advisory for Shaw business.
• Prepare and file monthly Canadian Federal, Provincial, US Commodity tax returns and Withholding Tax returns;
• Analyze for reasonableness and reconcile to various general ledger accounts;
• Monitor Notices of Assessments from the various Government Departments;
• Research issues and/or hot topics and respond to queries from various business units;
• Develop new processes and efficiencies and analyze current processes as required to ensure compliance with Commodity Tax rules and regulations as well as new legislation requirements;
• Provide advisory and analytical support to the Manager and Director of Commodity Tax when dealing with various Federal, Provincial and US sales tax audits;
• Keep abreast of the latest commodity tax developments and issues;
• Support other tax team members on various tax projects.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years tax and accounting experience, CPA designation preferred;
• Experience with the preparation and filing of Commodity Tax returns;
• Strong technical Commodity Tax knowledge;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
• Experience using tax research tools and programs;
• A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach;
• A team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently;
• Working knowledge of MS Office and strong Excel skills;
• Experience with Oracle or equivalent would be an asset.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.