Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw, we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Senior Business Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst in our Calgary office reporting to the Manager, Execution & Program Delivery.
In a dynamic, fast paced environment, the successful candidate will be a Program Level Analyst accountable for working with various stakeholder groups, quality assurance analysts, developers, program and project managers to ensure quality products are delivered to the business. You must have a desire/willingness to investigate and learn new skills/concepts/tools and be a self-starter.
Scope & Requirements Management
• Definition, documentation and active management of the high-level end-to-end business capabilities and dependencies for enterprise-wide initiatives and/or large business functional areas. This includes all related scope across all affected business units and/or workstreams, not only Technology or Delivery.
• Ensure clarity and alignment of scope with all stakeholders (From Executive sponsors to front line project team members) through the implementation of effective communication and feedback mechanisms (written and verbal).
• Establishing clear business goals and evaluating scope in the light of these desired outcomes. Active management of scope churn to balance changing business needs and delivery capability (identify and articulate the trade-offs).
Cross Business Function and Cross Program Coordination
• Efficient and effective alignment of scope and dependencies with peers across different business functions and programs to leverage synergies and avoid collisions.
• Ensure effective management of Program Business Analyst workload by offloading from and to peers as necessary to adjust to the peaks and valleys during delivery.
• Provide focus and leadership to the work streams in order to effectively execute/implement the business requirements to achieve program objectives.
• Drive decisions to ensure the successful and timely resolution of scope related issues (such as ambiguity and roadblocks) to allow work streams to progress with minimal hindrance.
• Work closely with Program Management team, stakeholders and executive leadership to:
• Ensure the program strategy is being realized and scope/requirements are being maintained
• Scope is effectively prioritized and scheduled
• Resources are appropriately allocated for execution of scope
• Create an environment that enables program success to executive expectations
• Coaching and mentoring of work stream BAs to ensure program quality standards are met for all deliverables.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent IT related designation is a must
• Accredited Business Analysis certification is an asset
• Minimum of 7 years working experience in information technology
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in business analysis
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills is a must
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills are a must
• Strong process flow mapping skills is a must
• Knowledge of eTOM framework is an asset.
• Working experience in the following areas:
o Managing and prioritizing program scope is a must
o Conducting and facilitating business requirements gathering sessions is a must
o Experience working in large multi-year program
o Presenting to various department levels
o Agile development environment is an asset
• Working knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
o Software development life cycle is a must
o Telecommunications industry is an asset
• Collaborative and adaptive approach is a must
• High Achieving team player committed to quality and detail is a must
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
BUSINESS UNIT: TOPS
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.