Category:Accounting & Finance
Work Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Freedom Mobile is transforming the Canadian wireless industry by ushering in a new generation of mobile plans that are unmatched by any competitor. We are rapidly increasing our subscriber count and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best in class mobile operator in the country! Be a part of something truly special and experience why Freedom Mobile is the fastest growing telecom company in Canada!
We believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Senior Budgeting Analyst
Are you passionate about budgeting, financial reporting and analysis? The Finance Planning & Analysis team located in downtown Toronto is currently seeking a Budgeting Analyst to join their team.
Reports into Director Financial Planning and mainly is responsible for preparing and analyzing of month end reports, budgets and forecasts. Role requires heavy monthly financial & operational reporting and detailed variance analysis with a strong communication, attention to detail and adhoc analysis as required.
• Develop monthly internal financial reports for Network and IT function and as required for commercial in an extensive amount of detail with the tight deadline
• Work on overall reporting of financial results to management and handle financial models for budgeting & forecasting
• Work closely with the Accounting, Network and IT department to collect the information and inputs in a timely manner and as required provide reports for them
• Develop and analyze monthly latest forecast and annual budget for Network and IT in an extensive amount of detail
• Build economic KPIS, conduct variance analysis (monthly, quarterly and annually) between actual, budget and forecast numbers and discuss the implication and impact on the business
• Perform other job duties as assigned
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Finance designation preferably with Accounting background and 5 years’ experience at similar position.
• Master skills in MS Excel & overall MS office products. Experience in ERP software (Oracle) is an asset.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively with management and employees on all levels
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, must also demonstrate a sense of urgency commensurate with the needs of the top management
• Team player, results oriented, analytical skills & able to deliver under pressure
We are building a team of talented people who want to connect to a career without limits and help change Canadian wireless. Join us! For more information on Freedom Mobile and to view our other opportunities, please visit www.freedommobile.ca/careers.
• BUSINESS UNIT: Wireless (Company = Freedom)
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.