BCE’s Regulatory Affairs team has an immediate opening in Ottawa for a professional with strong analytical, writing and project management skills.
BCE’s Regulatory Affairs department furthers the business interests of BCE’s business units through interactions with government departments and regulatory agencies, particularly the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) and the Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED).
Regulatory Affairs is a small, dynamic group of business, legal and policy professionals working on a wide variety of issues of high importance to BCE’s operations. It supports the company’s business objectives by developing and communicating Bell’s positions, requirements and other information to the CRTC and ISED. Regulatory Affairs also ensures that the Company complies with all regulations by providing advice and guidance to BCE’s business units. Regulatory Affairs participates in a wide range of initiatives dealing with the company’s wireless, broadcasting, Internet and traditional telephone lines of business, and works closely with BCE’s marketing, operations, government relations and communications groups on public policy issues.
- Reporting to the Director, Regulatory Affairs, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare and/or coordinate written submissions to regulatory bodies
- Provide guidance to BCE’s business units on regulatory issues, particularly those applicable to the provision of wireless services
- Monitor compliance with spectrum licence conditions
- Manage interactions with ISED with respect to spectrum licences
- Conduct research and analyses on communications issues to assess their regulatory and business implications
- University degree in commerce, economics, engineering or law or extensive experience in these same fields
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams as well as work independently, notably to gather relevant information and develop positions that further our strategic imperatives
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex ideas effectively
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations in a professional manner to all levels of management
- Results oriented with an ability to work under stringent timeframes and under minimal supervision
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Related experience, preferably within the wireless industry
- Understanding of BCE’s operations and service offerings
- Work is largely project based. Candidate must have ability to work under pressure and extended hours may be required to meet tight regulatory timelines.
- Some travel may be required.
If you are interested in this role please apply through the link below: