Position Language Requirement English Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) - - -
Status of Employment Temporary
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note: this is an 18-month temporary assignment.
The Media Solutions department is looking for an ambitious and motivated Senior Analyst, Multiplatform.
The candidate will be responsible for providing specialized media research expertise to the department through extensive market knowledge including: audience research methodologies and forecasting, audience post analysis and tracking, station share, and programming/schedule effectiveness and impact.
Your duties will include the development of television audience forecasts, rationale, and posts, on behalf of Media Solutions, as well as pricing strategies across all platforms. This includes all forecasts and rates utilized by the Sales team in the sale of commercial inventory, including all CBC and Radio-Canada stations; conventional and specialty stations, digital properties and sites, video on demand, and all standard demos. You will be responsible for proactively monitoring inventory usage and adjusting rates based on ongoing demand in the marketplace. You will also work on media research related projects such as Numeris Data Inquiries, Station Share, Network Pro-Ration, Timeshifting, Video-on-Demand, etc., and provide audience forecasts and pricing rationale on seasonal program schedules. You will prepare audience trackers and post performance analyses of individual and collective program performance, and interpret results to modify revenue generation strategies and expectations, as required. Additionally, you will contribute to the development of any strategies required to address program performance, both positive and negative, and participate in development of new products and platforms.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma with an emphasis on business and/or marketing and sales, or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years related industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of both broadcast and digital platforms.
- Strong knowledge of the advertising industry and how it functions, as well as relevant industry experience such as planning or buying agency side.
- Proven ability to create program estimates, tracking, and posting for Conventional and Specialty Television.
- Comprehensive experience with multiple media research tools – specifically Infosys+ software (Numeris data, CMR Data), Vividata, Nielsen Expenditure Reports, ComScore, Cognos, Google Ad Manager.
- Extensive proficiency and knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office (specifically for Excel and the ability to work with both pivot tables and macros), and a high propensity to pick up new computer programs such as our in-house systems (i.e. On-Air, Cognos, MRO, Rates & Ratings Tool, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong quantitative analytical skills and the ability to read, interpret and manipulate all forms of available industry audience measurement data.
- Ability to creatively organize and present pertinent information to a large audience in an easy to interpret manner.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.