Location: Toronto, Canada
Channel Zero (CHZ) and Bloomberg TV Canada are seeking an experienced Segment Producer for a one year contract.
The Segment Producer will book news makers and compelling guests; produce, write and edit live and tape segments; and help take segments to air in the control room. The Segment Producer will work with the Line Producer to conceive and execute enterprising segments for TV and all digital platforms. The ability to creatively use video and graphics is required. Successful candidates will have solid understanding, experience and knowledge of financial and business news and a minimum of three years industry experience. Candidates must thrive under the pressure of deadlines and breaking news. Knowledge of Canadian business and financial markets is a must.
This position requires flexible hours to accommodate production schedules.
- Booking guests and producing compelling daily live segments for television and digital platforms
- Pitching, researching, writing and editing stories for multiple platforms
- Creating and managing all graphical and production elements for broadcasting
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of recent and relevant business news producing and booking experience required
- Proven track record of experience in news producing
- Experience of working in a live TV news environment essential
- Strong writing and edit supervising skills, and the ability to creatively use video and graphics is required
- Flexibility with hours is essential
- Previous financial journalism experience is preferred
- Contacts within the Canadian business and financial markets is essential
- Experience with non-linear video editing is desirable
To apply: Quoting ref# BTC-SP-2017, please send your résumé with cover letter and salary expectations, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please)
Bloomberg TV Canada (CHZ Business News Net Inc.) is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH-TV and a growing bouquet of specialty channels including Rewind and Silver Screen Classics. Bloomberg TV Canada is the first of several platforms under Channel Zero’s leadership that combines the best of Bloomberg’s global branded content with Bloomberg original and local Canadian subject matter. Channel Zero’s digital sales agency Junction Digital offers advertisers marketing solutions on CHCH.com, BloombergTV.ca, Andpop.com and ChartAttack.com, as well as the top ad exchanges. Other divisions of Channel Zero include Channel Zero World Media, which operates Halla Bol - Canada’s first South Asian HD TV channel - and TV Asia; and Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company. For more information, please visit chz.com.
Bloomberg TV Canada delivers the best of Bloomberg’s global markets information, essential Canadian business and financial news, and dynamic lifestyle programming to influential Canadian decision-makers. With input from 30 journalists in six news bureaus in major markets across Canada, and international access to 150 bureaus in 73 countries and 2,400 professionals worldwide – Bloomberg TV Canada becomes the first business and financial information source for Canadians, providing its audience with a critical edge by connecting them to a vital network of information, people and ideas. Bloomberg TV Canada is owned by Channel Zero in Toronto and operates from the heart of the financial district with studios at Brookfield Place and TSX. For more information, please visit bloombergtv.ca.