Work Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions we invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Security Architect
Shaw Communications is currently seeking an Information Security Architect to join our team. Reporting to the Manager Logical Security, this position is based in Calgary, AB and will be accountable for the success of the security architecture role for all Shaw companies.
The successful candidate has extensive experience in information security at the enterprise level. The individual will have a proven track record of strong verbal and written communications skills working with senior management in managing information security risk and peers in other business groups.
The candidate will be responsible for Security Architect functions including:
• Providing guidance and support for the business with a risk management approach.
• Partner with multiple teams and initiatives to apply good security practices, ensuring security is integrated into solution designs, and recommend architecture remediation.
• Work with program, project and operational teams and leadership to assess the security risks of existing and solutions including their associated processes.
• Define security requirements by evaluating business strategies and projects; researching information security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues.
• Provide in-depth expertise across security functional areas, which include credential management, access provisioning, authentication and authorization, application security, infrastructure security, data security, security monitoring aligned with Privacy, PCI and SOX compliance and regulatory standards.
• Communicate simple and effective security guidance to development and operational teams, leadership, and executives that is built on principles of balancing security with business and technology needs.
• Participate in the evaluation and implementation of security-related technologies, such as authentication/authorization mechanisms, network access control, encryption, malware protection, firewalls, etc. in both operational and project environments.
• Work tightly with all enterprise security team members in supporting an integrated security service portfolio.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Over 10 years of cyber security experience, as well as over 5 years in a security architecture role.
• Certifications in one or more of the following are required: CISSP, CISA, GISP, GSNA, GSE, CSP, SSCP
• Understand the risk related to the business around cyber security and able to articulate at a business level.
• Experience working in an enterprise with diverse organizations, teams, practices and technologies.
• Have strong analytical skills and deep security subject matter expertise across various platforms including non-security focused technologies.
• Exercise critical thinking in identifying external trends in information security threats and correlating to internal activity.
• Possess deep cyber security expertise to be credible to organization when making recommendations and driving change and/or assessment of security controls
• Fundamental understanding of advanced threats and hacking methodologies
• Detailed understanding of security architecture / design best practices, processes, and concepts
• Hands on experience and aptitude with diverse security technologies.
• Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
• Business minded security savvy
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal, credit background check and upon acceptance, and potentially security clearances with the government of Canada and the RCMP.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Business Unit: TOPS
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.