At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
This role establishes a technical vision in collaboration with architects and other technical leaders and works with the projects and operational teams to turn it into reality.
It requires an innovative, pragmatic, and problem solver interested into producing quality architected solutions to business opportunities.
A typical day
• Provide Salesforce technical leadership to both business and IT stakeholders
• Routinely advise on-site or vendor developers/implementation teams on coding, design, and testing/debugging standards
• Be responsible for the quality of deliverables by leading code and design review sessions
• Evaluate and introduce new tools and techniques to the development team
• Act as liaison with various groups including architecture, vendors, and other project teams
• Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
• Foster a spirit of creative collaboration by giving team members a common focus
• Provide mentorship to development team
• Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in computer science or related field is a must
• Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in software development
• 2-3 years development experience on the Salesforce.com platform is preferable.
• Proficiency in English with excellent communication skills both written and verbal is required
• Require strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Require strong software development skills with experience in design and integration patterns
• Require working experience with agile software practices, including TDD/D and refactoring
• Require working experience with modeling techniques, including OOA/D and UML
• Require working experience with integration technologies like web services – SOA and REST
• Knowledge of the telecommunications industry is an asset
The following Salesforce certifications will be an asset:
• Salesforce Certified Administrator
• Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
• Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
• Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• This role is not location-specific.
• Applicants will be hired in any Shaw or Freedom location and will not be required to relocate for this role. Work from home can be considered an option.
Posting closing date:November 13, 2020
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.