Sales and Marketing, Consumer Market
Burlington, Ontario | SA2
The successful candidate is responsible for handling inbound and outbound calls in a timely and professional manner. The mandate is to maximize all sales opportunities, resolve customer issues and ensure an optimal level of quality customer service while also proactively seeking sales opportunities through outbound calling. The expectation of this position is that agents are highly driven and consistently working to achieve and exceed their targets. The Sales Specialist thrives on competition and achievement and is determined to be a top performer, who is comfortable taking on challenges, is resilient and can overcome rejection in pursuing sales opportunities.
- Promotes and up-sells products and services with each customer contact for new and existing customers and processes the order.
- Answers customer phone inquiries. Offers customized solutions and options while responding to questions or problems that are raised by the customer while meeting and/or exceeding departmental quality and sales targets.
- Highlights the features and benefits of our HSI, Telephony, CATV and Professional Services products and confidently handles competitive issues with an approach that will incite customers to choose Cogeco as their exclusive service provider.
- Makes all required efforts to retain customers that express their intent to cancel their subscription or downgrade their services
- Responsible for calling various outbound customer lists to maximize sales opportunities to solicit new sales, renew contracts, upsell to existing customers and to follow up with existing and potential customers regularly.
- Responsible for accurate data input using prescribed applications and processes for all customers’ add, move, and change requests.
- Resolves billing inquiries and service discrepancies. Credits and debits customer accounts. Initiates customer refunds for all systems and submits to supervisor for approval.
- Assists with other departmental requests as required and performs special projects as assigned.
- Actively participates in corporate initiated selling skills training as well and new procedural enhancements as part of the position requirements.
- Efficiently handles, troubleshoots and resolves escalated customer inquiries for all systems.
- Offers customized solutions and options while responding to questions and problems while demonstrating soft skills.
- Deals with customers calling to downgrade or disconnect Cogeco services for competitive reasons, perceived value or price, technical or customer service related issues. Works to effectively resolve customer issues, builds value in Cogeco’s products and services by communicating the advantages and benefits over the competition. In addition, the incumbent will handle all types of Customer calls as required.
- As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- High school diploma required.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum 1 year previous sales related experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a sales and customer service environment preferably in the call center industry.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Bilingualism (E/F) is an asset.
- Proven customer service skills, superior first call resolution skills.
- Performance at a high standard and consistently meets all KPI expectations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude and professional phone and digital communication etiquette. and appropriate presentation as per our departmental dress code policy and guidelines
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyse and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
- Open to change with a learning attitude towards work and to contribute to teams.
- Prior inbound / outbound sales and/or telephone sales experience is required. Must have previous experience working PCs and demonstrated navigation abilities within a Windows environment.
- Experience in google suite applications is preferred.
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
- Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as the incumbent may be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment including days, evenings, weekends and general holidays. Hours of work are subject to change as business needs evolve.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.