Food is the central character at Gusto TV – Canada’s new food and lifestyle specialty channel. With an ambitious 2016/17 slate of 100+ hours of original content production destined for TV and online platforms, Gusto TV is growing its content development team and is seeking to fill this important new role with an experienced, accomplished television professional who also happens to be a foodie.
We’ve got files full of promising concepts for great food & cooking series and need your talents, persistence and imagination to turn them into compelling pitch/briefing documents, scripts and (eventually) hit television series. Responsibilities include:
- Develop program ideas and storylines
- Source and research/verify facts, figures and information using the Internet and other sources.
- Organize and coordinate talent and location outreach
- Prepare and present briefing documents for writers, producers and presenters
- Assess contributors' and interviewees suitability, researching appropriate people and locations
At Gusto TV, all employees and talent are coached in our distinctive approach to food television. We’re all about creating and bringing to market fresh, innovative programming – not replicating or imitating what has already been done elsewhere. So, key requirements for this role include:
- Knowledge of and experience in lifestyle genre productions, and a solid understanding of the fundamental importance of story.
- Expertise in seeking out unique and compelling concepts, talent and narratives.
- Exceptional writing/presentation and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
This is a unique opportunity to help take Gusto’s original content to the next level. Our objective is nothing less than a re-invention of culinary/food television and the lifestyle genre, and we’re searching for a colleague whose vision, drive, determination, and boundless energy can get us there.
This roles will be based in Ottawa and is a full-time permanent position. A competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits, will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please forward your c.v. and cover letter to email@example.com, in confidence (no phone calls please) by Friday, April 29th, 2016.