The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to solicit submissions from interested Applicants to carry out, on a limited-term contract basis, the development and execution of Prime Time 2018’s Sponsorship Solicitation and Administration
The Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA) is the country’s leading member-based advocacy organization for independent producers, representing hundreds of companies engaged in the development and distribution of English-language content made for television, cinema and digital media channels. The CMPA works to promote the continued success of the Canadian production sector and ensure a future for diverse content made by Canadians for both domestic and international audiences. www.cmpa.ca.
For the last 22 years, the CMPA has hosted an annual national industry conference called Prime Time. This event has grown over the years to become an exclusive, must-attend conference for some 600 of Canada’s most prominent business leaders in the independent production, broadcasting and telecommunication sectors. Prime Time provides delegates with a dynamic ‘look ahead’ at industry trends and evolution, with a focus on growth, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
Prime Time takes place at the Westin Ottawa hotel, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The 23rd edition of the conference will be held from January 31- February 2, 2018.
Scope of Work
The primary goal of the work to be carried out under this component is to secure a minimum of the cash sponsorship revenue that was achieved for the Prime Time 2017 event. This past year Prime Time had 47 sponsors. In order for us to achieve our 2018 revenue target a similar quantity of sponsors will be required.
In the pursuit of this primary objective, the successful Applicant will be required to:
a) Review existing Prime Time sponsorship packages. If necessary implement appropriate changes to those packages that will optimize the event’s sponsorship opportunities and maximize cash revenue;
b) Review existing Prime Time sponsorship promotional materials. If necessary implement appropriate changes to those materials that will help facilitate the marketing and promotion of sponsorship opportunities. And, if necessary, the Applicant will be required to create new marketing, promotional and/or reference materials;
c) Develop and maintain positive relationships with relevant sponsorship representatives in the private and public sectors in Canada who have either sponsored Prime Time in the past or who may sponsor the event going forward;
d) Communicate with potential Prime Time sponsors, promote the conference and the benefits it offers sponsors, and negotiate and prepare all sponsorship contracts for approval by CMPA before final contracts are sent to the sponsors for signature;
e) Working with CMPA staff, manage all aspects of reporting on funding proposals where required, ensuring that all reports are completed well in advance of deadlines for review by CMPA;
f) Ensure all sponsors recognize high value for their generous sponsorship leading up to and during the event. Work with CMPA staff to ensure that fulfilment of all sponsor benefits are seamless both before and during the event. The successful candidate will be required to attend Prime Time 2018
g) Participate at scheduled biweekly meeting to report progress both verbally and in writing;
h) Leading up to Prime Time write personalize thank you cards for each sponsor, they will be given out by CMPA staff at the event.
i) Provide advice and other related activities and services from time to time as required by the conference Producer during the period of engagement.
The successful Applicant will be required to devote all necessary time, attention and ability to the activities and services detailed above and in performing such activities and services as the conference Producer may reasonably require.
The successful applicant will take direction from and will maintain on going communication with the conference Producer. No commitments may be made without the express consent of the conference Producer.
- Applicants wishing to submit a proposal must be individuals who are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada, or Canadian-owned and controlled companies or partnerships.
- Only submissions from Applicants who clearly demonstrate considerable and relevant professional experience related to programming events or festivals will be retained for consideration.
- Preference will be given to Applicants who have experience working on national and international industry events and/or festivals in the film, television and multi-platform sectors.
- The conference Producer reserves the right to render any Applicant ineligible at her sole discretion.
- The proposal must include examples of previous experience related to industry events and/or festivals in the film, television and multi-platform sectors, as well as reference contacts at those events and/or festivals.
- The proposal should contain any information deemed relevant by the Applicant that would assist the conference Producer in evaluating the Applicant’s ability to solicit sponsorship for the 23rd year of Prime Time.
- The proposal submitted must include a detailed description of the Applicant’s relevant professional experience. In cases where Applicants are proposing that more than one person participate in carrying out any of the elements noted in the Scope of Work, a detailed description of each person’s relevant professional experience must be provided.
- The proposal must contain a detailed estimate of the total cost to be charged by the Applicant for all services in delivering on the Scope of Work, as well as a proposed payment structure and pay out schedule.
- The Applicant must clearly demonstrate that they meet the requirements set out in this RFP and have the necessary experience and technical expertise (e.g. computer proficiency in word processing, basic graphic design, converting documents to PDF, etc.) to successfully carry out the work outlined in the Scope of Work.
- The end of the proposal must be explicitly indicated by including “(--The End--)” centred below the last line of the proposal.
- A signed cover letter of no more than 2 pages is requested. The letter should provide an executive summary of the proposal being submitted.
Submission Procedure and Deadline
- Applicants are asked to digitize their proposal using the PDF format and to submit it electronically to the email address noted below.
- Applicants are asked to use “Prime Time Request for Sponsorship Solicitation and Administration” in the subject line of the email.
- Only proposals submitted before 5:00pm (DST) on Friday, July 7, 2017 will be retained and considered.
- The conference Producer reserves the right to seek clarification on the proposals submitted and to request additional information.
- The conference Producer may choose to request a meeting by telephone or in person to discuss the proposal.
- It is the Applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the conference Producer receives the proposal and all other requested information before the deadline.
- Proposals received by the deadline will be reviewed and evaluated based on several key factors. These include:
- The overall quality of the proposal being submitted.
- The applicant’s eligibility;
- The applicant’s previous experience, demonstrated capacity and technical expertise to successfully deliver the scope of work required;
- The total cost, and overall cost effectiveness, of the proposal being submitted, the payment structure and pay out schedule;
- The conference Producer will have sole discretion for selecting the successful Applicant, and will not provide an avenue for appeal or reconsideration. Moreover, the conference Producer reserves the right to not award any work to any Applicant submitting a proposal pursuant to this RFP;
- Immediately following a decision, the conference Producer will forward a formal contract to the successful Applicant(s) for signature.
- The conference Producer is Marguerite Pigott, Vice President, Outreach and Strategic Initiatives
- The proposals should be sent to Lisa Moreau, Director of Member, Member Services and Special Events. Lisa can be reached at 1 (800) 656-7440 ext. 329, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Moreau will be available to answer any questions related to the RFP at any time leading up to 5:00pm (DST) on Friday, July 7, 2017. Applicants who email their questions to Lisa are asked to use “Prime Time Request for Sponsorship Solicitation and Administration Proposals” in the subject line of the email.
Terms and Conditions Governing Submissions of Proposals
You hereby represent and agree as follows:
- Any ideas (collectively the "Materials") submitted to CMPA in conjunction with this Proposal do not, to the best of your knowledge, contain any content that infringes upon or violates the privacy rights, copyrights, trademarks, publicity or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any third party.
- You have the full and exclusive right to submit the Materials to the CMPA and no other person or corporation has any right, title or interest in the Materials inconsistent with your rights as set out herein.
- Materials submitted to CMPA for review will be held in the strictest confidence, however, CMPA has the right to copy, use and distribute the Materials for the purpose of its evaluation and review.
- You have kept a copy of the Materials. CMPA has no obligation to return the Materials to you and is not responsible for any loss or damage to the Materials.
- CMPA may have already and may in the future receive or independently develop materials identical or similar to the Materials. CMPA has the unrestricted right to use these identical/similar materials and you will have no right or recourse against the CMPA.