Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) - - B
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic reporter for our Saskatoon newsroom. You will be responsible for live and taped reporting. You will pitch story ideas, research, write and present news stories on regional and national news programs. The successful candidate will contribute to all editorial platforms as required.
- The work schedule may involve weekend shifts.
- Excellent command of French language is required (French language environment).
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree in journalism or equivalent and 3 years experience.
- Excellent reporting and interviewing skills.
- Comfortable reporting live.
- Bilingualism (French-English) is required.
- Knowledge of Saskatchewan affairs and Franco-Saskatchewanian community issues.
- Knowledge of CBC/Radio-Canada journalistic and programming policies.
- Ability to work flexible hours and on weekends as needed.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams.
- Critical mind.
- Proven ability to work in a high-stress, tight-deadline environment.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the public broadcaster's role and responsibilities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada's insurance company.
Please provide a hyperlink to your demo.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit theDiversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.