We are Canada’s largest independent telecom service company with over 300,000 customers from coast to coast. TekSavvy has been proudly serving Canadians reliable telecom services for over 20 years and has won numerous awards for the quality of its experience and for its commitment to fighting for and upholding consumers’ rights online. Our collegial, experienced lawyers have previously worked at large national and international firms, in key federal government departments, and in civil society advocacy groups. Our legal team primarily works out of our Gatineau office, which is a short 5-7 min drive from downtown Ottawa. TekSavvy offers competitive salaries and benefit packages.
We are looking for a Regulatory Counsel to join our busy team. Acting under the direction and supervision of the VP, Regulatory & Carrier Affairs and other senior members of the Legal, Regulatory & Public Policy team, you will as needed:
- contribute to TekSavvy’s submissions for public proceedings conducted before organizations such as the CRTC, the Competition Bureau, and ISED
- assist senior counsel and outside litigators on regulatory litigation and applications for judicial review of administrative decisions
- provide analysis on regulatory matters
- Assist on other legal & regulatory matters (e.g. consumer law, acquiring live TV and VOD content, commercial matters, reviewing press releases and internal communications).
- An LL.B. or J.D. and membership in the Law Society of Ontario in good standing
- At least 2-4+ years of relevant regulatory experience in telecommunications
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion
- An interest in telecommunications and technology
- Experience working in house at the CRTC or at a telecommunications company
Please include your resume and address your cover letter to Natasha Ell Saunders, Chief Legal Officer, and include “Regulatory Counsel” in the RE: line. Your cover letter will be viewed as a writing sample and must include why you’re interested in working at TekSavvy specifically as well as an outline of the steps you would take to make a difference in this role.