BCE is seeking a lawyer with exceptional written advocacy skills, a keen interest in policy, and the ability to manage large complex files, to join its Legal & Regulatory Affairs team in Ottawa.
As Counsel, Legal & Regulatory Affairs you will be part of a dynamic group of legal, business, and policy professionals working on a variety of issues of strategic importance to Bell’s operations. You will advance the business interests of Bell’s residential, business, wireless, and media business units through advocacy before government departments and regulatory agencies such the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), and in related litigation.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, Legal & Regulatory Affairs, you will support the company’s business objectives through your skillful advocacy, diligence, and eagerness to learn. You will be responsible for:
- Researching and drafting submissions on a range of regulatory and policy issues, in collaboration with colleagues from across Bell’s business units and the Legal & Regulatory Affairs team;
- Participating in regulatory proceedings to advance Bell’s position and monitoring CRTC orders, notices and decisions, etc., to determine their impact on the Companies;
- Working closely with your business and finance colleagues to produce evidence required to support submissions and litigation;
- Providing strategic advice to Bell’s business units, coordinating and filing tariff applications;
- Advising/assisting Bell executives on regulatory issues and working with other departments to ensure compliance with regulatory restrictions and requirements;
- Preparing review and vary applications, court appeals or petitions to the Governor in Council in respect of adverse regulatory decisions; and
- Identifying policy reforms and/or process revisions designed to eliminate or streamline regulation and lessen its adverse impact on the Canadian economy.
- 2 to 5 years of litigation, regulatory, competition law, or other advocacy- or policy-focused experience in a law firm, corporation, or government department;
- Exceptional written communication skills;
- Ability to understand data and deploy it effectively in advocacy;
- Strong research skills;
- Highly organized, diligent, and able to meet deadlines and manage complex projects;
- Team player who enjoys collaborating to complete large and important projects;
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong analytical ability;
- Called to the Bar in Ontario or Quebec;
- Experience in telecommunications industry is desirable; and
- Bilingual (French & English) strongly preferred.
English Posting Link: http://bit.ly/2SrHKQB
French Posting Link: http://bit.ly/2SspvKT