The successful candidate will be a member of TELUS’ Federal Government & Regulatory Affairs team in Ottawa, and will provide analysis and support in the development of regulatory policy and regulatory implementation requirements for TELUS’ broadcasting distribution business. Co-ordinate business unit inputs including business strategy for regulatory submissions, and assist with the development of TELUS’ public policy and regulatory strategy.
- Assist with the development of regulatory and public policy arguments, positions and strategies which support and define TELUS television distribution business and strategic goals
- Interpret and communicate the requirements and impact of regulatory policy and implementation CRTC decisions and policies to TELUS business units and senior managers
- Formulate TELUS regulatory positions and prepare non-complex submissions to the CRTC, such as broadcast license applications and renewals
- Research and monitor the activities of the CRTC and the competitive landscape to identify emerging regulatory and public policy issues of strategic or operational importance to TELUS
- Provide document control for simple and complex regulatory submissions, including formatting, coordinating feedback, submitting documents, etc.) and prepare presentation materials for both internal and external audiences
- Provide guidance on compliance issues and identify potential risks to TELUS, and monitor TELUS’ progress toward fulfillment of regulatory obligations
- Embrace a culture that advances TELUS’ strategic imperatives and corporate priorities, including our Customers First strategy
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills that enable effective communications with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the broadcasting and content industry
- Strong critical thinking skills including financial analysis, problem solving, decision making
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as Adobe
- Experience with regulatory submissions and a solid understanding of CRTC regulation
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and exercise good judgment under time pressures
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- A University Degree
- 3-5 Years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or equivalent experience
- Experience in broadcasting is preferred
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values and delivering on our Customers First commitments.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.