CHCH-TV is one of Canada’s leading local heritage stations serving the dynamic and rapidly growing regions of Hamilton, Halton and Niagara with a strong commitment to quality news programming. We have an immediate opening for a permanent Part-Time Reception Administrator. This position is required one day per week with the opportunity to be scheduled for additional shifts.
CHCH is seeking an experienced and energetic part-time Reception Administrator, who will fit into a fun and fast-paced environment, to be team players and have the ability to be very hands-on. The Reception Administrator will report to the Director of Operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Welcoming guests, following sign-in protocols, notification and escorting guests to the appropriate location
– Transferring incoming calls
– Participating in the Health and Safety Committee
– Handling mail and invoices
– Ordering office supplies
– Tracking usage of EV Charging Stations
– Maintaining equipment in the Gym
– Replenishing stock in the restrooms and canteen
– Weekly refrigerator purging and dishwasher emptying as needed
– Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must possess:
– Experience working in an office environment
– The ability to communicate clearly and effectively using strong oral and written skills
– Proficiency in Google Suite
– The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
– Strong organization skills with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
– The awareness of maintaining the office space
– Skill in establishing priorities and managing workload
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– A strong attendance history and punctuality
This is a union position in Functional Group V.1, Classification Group 5
Please send your résumé and cover letter in confidence quoting reference # CHCH-RA-2022-06 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series. The company requires proof of vaccination of all employees. Accommodations will be given due consideration for mandatory exceptions.
2190015 Ontario Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce.
2190015 Ontario Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
CHCH-TV started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces over 24 hours of original local news programming each week. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. CHCH News is produced daily out of its broadcast studio located in Hamilton, Ontario. For more information, please visit chch.com.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.84-$22.02 per hour