Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1191
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Eastlink takes great pride in delivering advanced technologies/services that connect its customers to the things and people that matter most. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and mobile networks, we bring world-class communications and video entertainment services including high speed internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink operates with an employee base of over 1300 people who serve customers in NS, PEI, NL, NB, ON, AB, BC and Bermuda.
The Radio Network Engineering Drive Tester reports to the Manager, Wireless Network Performance and will be primarily focused on supporting the Radio Network Engineering group through providing drive test data collected on 5G NR and LTE mobile networks, including VoLTE, for the purposes of assessing and improving the network quality, coverage and capacity.
The ideal candidate is a technical problem solver and planner who demonstrates a high level of autonomy, strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, capability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities, and maintains structure and organization in daily work activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Collect Drive Test Data related to 5G NR and LTE (with VoLTE) RAN network technologies and provide results to Radio Network Engineering team for analysis for the following type of investigative tests:
o Seasonal cluster drive tests
o New technology / band overlay tests
o Specific tests related to customer issues
o New expansion / densification site drive tests
o Network Benchmarking tests;
• Identify and troubleshoot any issues related to the drive test setup, software, scripting, equipment, etc;
• Ensure drive test equipment and software is in good working order with periodic quality tests;
• Develop drive testing scripts required for special investigation tests;
• Perform data collection tests in various indoor environments by recording measurement position.
Experience and Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (specialization in Telecommunications desirable);
• Knowledge of current wireless technologies an asset;
• Experience with NEMO Outdoor or similar drive testing software an asset;
• Excellent computer skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
• Must have a valid driver’s license coupled with a satisfactory driving abstract;
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.