Date: Nov 1, 2018
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape our future.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Commensurate with experience
24 – 32 hours per week. Overtime as required.
Reporting to the News Director, this multi-talented and motivated team player will be responsible for:
• Interviewing, writing, shooting, editing, producing and reporting, of local news stories for Central Saskatchewan.
• Proven ability to generate original story ideas and to complete the appropriate scripting, editing and production of the story to get to air.
• Editorial decision making.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Post Secondary education in Television Broadcasting or Broadcast Journalism, in combination with writing and ENG experience.
• Must possess excellent writing and research skills.
• Must possess excellent editorial skills and have previous commendable developed experience in editing material for on air.
• Working knowledge of, and consistent previous experience using ENG Camera equipment is a must.
• Exhibit superior judgement.
• MUST have a proven track record of consistently being able to work under pressure with a demonstrated ability to react quickly and productively in a changing environment requiring immediate decision-making.
• MUST have ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment with emphasis on internal assistance and upholding professional standards.
• Applicants will be reviewed based upon competence, ability, skill, and potential to consistently achieve results.
• A valid driver’s licence is required
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward a current resume in confidence online at:
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Media – Talent
Position Level: Unifor 817M – CTV Saskatoon
Job Location: Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Application Deadline: 11/10/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Please note that the only information related to Performance Management Process (PMP) that should be included on your resume or cover letter is your current rating (Exceeds, Meets etc.). A more detailed copy of your PMP may be requested at a later date.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.