CHCH-TV is one of Canada’s leading local heritage stations with a strong commitment to delivering quality news programming across all platforms serving the dynamic and rapidly growing regions of Hamilton, Halton and Niagara. We are seeking a team player with excellent news judgment and exceptional reporting and interviewing capabilities for an opportunity as a Part-time Videographer.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
● Gather, shoot, edit, and present insightful, accurate, and engaging news stories for broadcast and digital
● Generate local and regional on-air content for our TV shows and for digital platforms
● Identify, research, investigate, gather, write, edit, interview, and report news stories
● Shoot video, take photos, and report news as it happens
● Create and post stories to CHCH.com, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
● Identify multimedia storytelling opportunities while covering events that will enhance the station’s coverage and content across all platforms
● Operate ENG equipment and accessories for news gathering
● Develop story ideas for inclusion in news shows
● Develop and maintain contacts
● Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
● At least one year of live television news reporting experience
● Practical experience as a Videographer
● A broadcast diploma or equivalent
● Strong interviewing, writing, and editing skills
● Possess a demonstrable history of working in various social media platforms
● A working knowledge of ENPS would be an asset
● Superior organizational, spelling, and grammar skills
● The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
● Ability to work in a live broadcast environment
● A readiness to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
● A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Posting Date: February 16, 2022
Application Deadline: March 2, 2022 @ 5:00 PM
Union position in Function Group G.2, Wage Classification Rate 11
Please send your resume and demo-reel in confidence to email@example.com quoting reference # CHCH-V-2022-02
(No Phone Calls Please)
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series. The company requires proof of vaccination of all employees. Accommodations will be given due consideration for mandatory exceptions.
2190015 Ontario Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. 2190015 Ontario Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
CHCH-TV started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces over 24 hours of original local news programming each week. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. Millions more see us online on various platforms. CHCH News is produced daily out of its broadcast studio located in Hamilton, Ontario. For more information, please visit chch.com.