Date: Nov 26, 2018
Location: London, ON, CA, N6J 4Z1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We’re looking to hire someone for a part-time news position. Here’s a few boxes that would need to checked:
- A passion for LOCAL news and understanding of what it takes to put together a great news package.
- A solid on-air delivery.
- Available on Saturday’s and Sunday’s.
- Understands that Twitter is not a conversation between birds…just trying to see if you’re paying attention.
If this is you, let us know!
• Prepare and read newscasts, focusing on what is LOCAL and relevant to our audience
• Generate original story ideas daily
• Produce compelling on-air and online content
• Edit and post news and sports stories to our website
• Broadcast/Journalism diploma
• Comfortable with industry standard software including Burli and Wide Orbit
• Available to work weekends specifically
• Able to work with a team and independently
• Ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct web copy
• Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms
• Understands and appreciates the importance of local, community-focused storytelling
• Valid driver’s license
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Communications Road (124), London, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 137050
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.