Channel Zero Inc. (CHZ) has a career opportunity for a part-time Master Control Operator at our Toronto office in The Junction (Keele & Dundas).
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor outgoing signals and ensure integrity of all channels
• Prepare, import and maintain schedules to automations
• Make revisions to program schedules as directed by the Programming, Production and/or Traffic Departments
• Load and ensure accuracy of program schedules, and make changes as necessary
• Prepare all programming, commercial and promotional content for air/play-out, including encoding, downloading and transcoding media
• Review, segment and ensure technical quality, accuracy and completeness of all media
• Basic editing tasks using Final Cut Pro
• Setup, receive and record multiple incoming signals (i.e. satellite, fibre, adjacent systems, etc.)
• Work closely with the Engineering department to ensure the functionality of all equipment and to perform basic equipment maintenance,
• React promptly to technical issues, and advise appropriate personnel in a timely manner
• Complete daily reports on Master Control operations
• Prepare and maintain VOD content for BDUs
• Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent multitasking skills and great attention to detail
• Technical ability to perform basic troubleshooting of both standard and high definition broadcast video/audio signals
• Ability to ingest and edit content as well as basic operation of production switcher for live cut-ins
• Ability to work with multiple platforms (Windows 64-bit systems XP, Vista, 7 and Mac OSX, Leopard) and to map drives and use networks
• Willing and enthusiastic about learning new technologies
• Must be able to do shift work including overnights, weekends, and holidays
• Must work well in team environment at the same time work well under minimal supervision
• Relevant experience in a Master Control facility will be a definite asset
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series. The company requires proof of vaccination of all employees. Accommodations will be given due consideration for mandatory exceptions.
Quoting ref# MC-2022-05, please send résumé and covering letter with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Channel Zero Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
About Channel Zero
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH-TV and specialty channels Rewind & Silver Screen Classics. Channel Zero’s digital sales agency Junction Digital offers advertisers marketing solutions on our owned and operated websites and social media platforms and beyond, via our trading desk. The film division of Channel Zero features Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company, and Channel Zero Studios, a creative production arm that brings scripted and unscripted projects to life with innovative partnerships. Channel Zero’s head office is located in Toronto. For more information, please visit chz.com.