What we do at Shaw matters – in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Projects & Program Manager you will be responsible for delivering cross functional strategic and business initiatives as it relates to the Operations, and to act as the SME and implementation for various Supply Chain initiatives for both Shaw and Freedom supporting Wireless and Wireline initiatives.
A typical day
• Participate in short- and long-range project planning (i.e., strategic planning and project roadmap), considering impact on various Operations departments.
• Lead business case analysis for strategic initiatives as required by Business Operations leadership.
• Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, staffing resource plan, contingency plan and other project management artifacts.
• Lead project stakeholders such as sponsors, vendors, outsourcers/offshore resources (where applicable) and collaborate with project team members to accomplish project objectives.
• Manage scope to ensure that the solutions implemented fully meet the requirements, costs, time, quality and quantifiable business benefit expectations.
• Act as a champion of change management with the Supply Chain team and all other teams affected by cross-functional projects.
• Within projects, drive relevant analysis and decision-making whether part of a broader program or a stand-alone initiative.
• Report on projects and develop project status communications to Operations management team.
• Track project expenses and validate financial forecasts.
• Field requests from the business to address process gaps or improvements as it impacts Operations.
• Act as main client point of contact for special projects consultants as applicable. Work to help solidify project objectives and connect them with the right business process owners.
• Analyze and find root causes of the business issues through creative problem-solving and solution design. Validate findings by broadly consulting business stakeholders.
• Lead business processing mapping sessions, develop process improvement using industry wide practices
• Ongoing Wireless Supply Chain updates with best practices + roadmap to service Omni Channel needs
• Effective execution, communication, and change management of all projects
• Exceptional relationships with internal & external stakeholders
• Exceptional influencing and leadership skills – able to inspire others to action – at all levels
• Technically saavy; knowledge of how ERP, BI and Supply Chain systems operate, up to date on new technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong strategic thinker and a strong ability to convey new concepts
• Agile learner and ability to operate & balance risk in a fast paced, changing environment
• Ability to translate a best practice into practical use for Shaw and Freedom
• Ability to translate data into information for those who will rely on it
• Exceptional relationship builder and skilled at negotiating and resolving conflict
• Active problem solver
• Demonstrated ability to identify risk and find practical ways to mitigate
• This role is location-specific to the Freedom Mobile, Toronto Ontario, but will be work remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic until further notice.
• We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Posting closing date:May 19, 2021
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.