WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Reporting to the Director, Operations this position manages the development and quality delivery of projects for Westman Communications Group. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to set deadlines and ensuring that they are completed within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors as well as clearly identifying any gaps in project delivery and escalating as appropriate, ensuring all projects are delivered according to plan.
What you’ll do:
• Negotiate, manage, and provide leadership simultaneously for multiple small to large scale projects in various stages and ranging in complexity, from inception to completion
• Establish multi-disciplinary project teams; oversee all project activities to meet the agreed upon deliverables
• Monitor time, costs, and resources; identify any gaps and escalate as appropriate to assist in getting the project back on track and completed on time
• Create and manage appropriate project documentation, processes, and procedures based on industry best practices
• Manage business service requirements, submit final approvals to management, and ensure all issues are documented and actions addressed
• Create and deliver regular project status update reports; organize, chair, and facilitate stakeholder project post-mortems, and identify and improve processes to better deliver on all projects
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Diploma or certificate in Business, Engineering, Telecommunications, Project Management, or a related field; equivalent experience or combination of would be considered
• Project Management Designation (PMP) from the Project Management Institute would be considered an asset
• Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in Project Management including managing all aspects of projects such as budget and timeline management, scope management, estimating and managing project resources, risk management, issues management, timely decision making, critical path identification, and business transformation
• Minimum 2 years’ experience within the telecommunications industry including design, construction, and development is considered an asset
• Strong interpersonal, team building, and communication skills
• Proven ability in successfully coordinating multiple tasks simultaneously as well as making sound decisions promptly within a rapidly changing environment
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills with strong analytical, business acumen, and creative problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate and promptly identify potential problems, taking proper corrective action as required
• Proven ability to generate project metrics, identify trends, and generate forecasts is considered an asset
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.