A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating the development of new commercial and consumer technology projects, while anticipating and mitigating risks to ensure projects stay on track. The Project Manager is also charged with maintaining high performing team dynamics and creating / maintaining solid working relationships amongst extended teams and stakeholders.
A typical day
• Responsible for Project Initiation, Planning, Execution, Control and Closing.
• Accountable for complex technology projects involving software development, system configurations, and hardware deployments that cross multiple teams by planning, leading, organizing, and tracking project tasks and deliverables.
• Manage project status reporting and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings, and written reports with attendances from team members to senior leadership.
• Identify interdependencies, action items, risks, anticipate roadblocks, and prepare creative alternatives to enable successful project completion.
• Coordinate timelines, manage target dates through meetings and conference calls with all stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain relationships with team members, sponsors, stakeholders, and vendors.
• Maintain consistency and integrity of project documentation and reporting to both stakeholders and sponsors.
• Manage all assigned projects from planning to completion ensuring timelines and budgets are met.
• Degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, or equivalent industry experience preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
• Project management certification (PMP) from the Project Management Institute or equivalent.
• 5-8 years of progressive experience in a project management leadership role, with a demonstrated ability to manage people and successfully lead large interdisciplinary projects.
• Familiarity with Telecommunications, IP technologies and associated projects.
• Familiarity with Agile SCRUM software development methodologies.
• Familiarity with OSS Platforms ,Proactive Network Maintenance, ServiceNow, Netcracker, HPE and Ciena.
• Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to energize and motivate large project teams.
• Highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal orientated.
• Must be a team player.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Dedicated to exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:January 8, 2021
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.