Wightman is seeking an individual who will complete the pre-installation review of homes and businesses that are about to receive Wightman Services by detailing the unique attributes of each location to ensure all job tasks are completed as scheduled. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of general building construction, underground service installation methods, and the machinery involved in the related aspects of service installation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Scheduling site visits with customers
- Ontario One Call locate submission and tracking
- Service Order data input
- Familiar with field construction terminology, procedures.
- Interpret drawings which represent objects in the field.
- Understanding of all geographic areas & projects that Wightman is constructing.
- Ability to spot errors and make the required corrections independently.
- Responsible for Verification of completed work & ability to independently update Records.
- Team Collaboration to identify errors and the steps required to make the required corrections.
- Sharing knowledge and collaborating with team members.
- Conduct Service Drop previews, produce accurate and detailed construction layout.
- Ability to locate existing infrastructure to aid in a precise construction plan.
- Manage locate ordering, printing, packaging with work orders.
- Assist with setup of construction projects and coordinate required materials.
- Liaison with 3rd party contractors for installation of Wightman infrastructure and identify and report damages.
- Proactively monitor new subdivisions for duct installations, damages and provision necessary action.
- Ability to independently resolve conflicts.
Skills & Attributes:
- Must have an excellent attitude and be willing to learn.
- Safety Conscious.
- Experience with AutoCad & ESRI software.
- Punctual and consistent attendance required.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Ability to sit for long periods and work on repetitive tasks.
- Applicant should be self-motivated and able to accept instruction.
- Ability to read and understand maps, documents, enclosure forms, drawings, and diagrams.
- Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors and read fine print.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software.
- Documenting and reporting on completed work.
- Must be receptive to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Perform Construction Inspection with our Contractors to ensure work meets or exceeds Wightman Standards.
- Able to define and solve problems in the field to ensure job completion.
- Excellent oral communications and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concerns, job tasks with co-workers and management.
- Accurate and legible written communication.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Secondary education.
- Valid Driver’s license & Clean driving abstract.
- Solid understanding of Utility Construction.
- Experience with Utility Locating & the Ontario One Call Process.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may submit a resume to email@example.com.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.