Channel Zero Inc. is looking for an organized, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, quick learner who is able to work with minimum supervision to join our dynamic Programming team.
The role of the Programming Manager is to supervise the Programming department in the preparation of the programming, acquisitions and scheduling for all of the Channel Zero services.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all programming initiatives, including but not limited to, scheduling, compliance, rights management and reporting
- Oversee the daily operation of the programming department
- Supervise and mentor a small team
- Assist with content acquisitions and original productions for all networks
- Track CRTC compliance on all networks and ensure timely filing of CRTC logs
- Participate in programming strategy planning for all networks
- Maintain the scheduling database and track all rights
- Liaise with Editing, Operations, Marketing, Sales and Traffic to ensure effective workflow processes
- Occasional weekend on-call duty
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of Broadview scheduling system or other related television programming software
- Familiarity with the CRTC rules and regulations
- Experience in film or television scheduling with an emphasis on ratings driven scheduling
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to resolve conflicts, provide motivation and build team morale
- Enthusiasm as a team player yet a self-motivated and self-directed professional
- Demonstrated attention to detail and research abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
Quoting ref# PM-2019-08, please send resumes and covering letter stating salary expectations to: email@example.com (no phone calls please)
Channel Zero Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
About Channel Zero Inc.
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH-TV and a bouquet of specialty channels including Rewind, Silver Screen Classics, and Halla Bol Kids TV, Canada’s first South Asian HD TV channel. Channel Zero’s digital sales agency Junction Digital offers advertisers marketing solutions on our owned and operated websites, as well as through our trading desk. The film division of Channel Zero features Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company. Channel Zero’s head office is located in Toronto, Ontario. For more information, please visit chz.com.