Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Program Rights Administrator (Maternity Leave Replacement – approx. 12 mo. contract)
The Program Rights Administrator is a key stakeholder in the management of rights and financial information for all program content commissioned or acquired for Global TV and all of Shaw Media’s 18 Specialty Channels.
Reporting to the Manager, Rights Administration, the Program Rights Administrator is responsible for:
• Establishing and inputting contract information in Shaw Media’s Linear (S4M) and Non-Linear (Avatega) program rights and scheduling systems for all development, commissioned and/or acquired programs.
• Recording and validating contract costs in S4M in accordance with Shaw Media’s amortization rules.
• Revising and reconciling contracts in S4M and Avatega to reflect contract changes (Title, term, rights, amortization method, etc), if necessary.
• Working closely with scheduling team to administer shared programming among channels, including logging, transferring and valuing internal program transfers.
• Preparation of Contract Summary Reports for approval
• Communicating changes to representatives of Program Finance and Scheduling teams
• Maintaining CTRC 8 digit codes and or certification numbers within S4M as they become available
• Assisting in the administration, maintenance and support of Shaw Media’s syndicated program sublicensing portfolio
• Process daily CRTC merges for all Conventional markets
• Submit CRTC logs submissions to the CRTC for all Conventional markets – 4 months out of a 12 month calendar year
• Other duties, as requested.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Knowledge and/or experience in the broadcast industry
• Proficiency in a broadcast management system
• Awareness of programming & rights management issues
• Accounting experience will be considered an asset
• Experience in database management
• Excellent proficiency in Word and Excel
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Strong attention to detail
• The ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THIS ROLE IS: November 30, 2015
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
All interested applicants are invited to apply at online at www.shaw.ca/careers J1015-0310 , Program Rights Administrator
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Media, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Media. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.