Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
Based in Ottawa, ON.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2015
Reporting to the Director, Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations, the candidate will play an integral role in the implementation and overall ongoing management and operation of the CWTA’s numerous industry initiatives. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the activities of CWTA’s Structures, Antennas and Towers Council (STAC), which provides a unified voice for Canada’s communications infrastructure industry.
In addition, the Program Coordinator will support relevant CWTA activities, including communications, membership and events, research, regulatory affairs and government relations.
The ideal candidate will be able to proactively manage a varying workload in a dynamic member-focused environment while maintaining a high standard of professionalism at all times. This person must demonstrate tact, strong communication skills (written and oral), attention to detail, and must have excellent organizational skills.
- Act as the principal liaison between CWTA staff and STAC members.
- Guide the development of STAC’s strategic plan and programs. Take responsibility for all operational aspects of the Council’s activities.
- Act as the central point of contact between CWTA and STAC, and numerous stakeholders (both private and government).
- Develop and maintain relationships to support program objectives.
- Keep contact lists up-to-date.
- Triage issues identified by consumers/stakeholders and ensure they are addressed to appropriate members.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries to the Council’s email address.
- Help recruit new members.
- Establish appropriate committees and coordinate with various members and stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant meetings (committee and stakeholder).
- Assist in scheduling and documenting meetings.
- Assist in facilitating/coordinating committee meetings and stakeholder meetings.
- Participate in internal planning sessions.
- Ensure all program and project materials are up to date.
- Initiate and coordinate the updating of the Council website including the database of collection locations and database of User Guides.
- Initiate and coordinate the production of promotional material.
- Establish and adhere to project/program timelines.
- Keep detailed notes and track implementation progress according to a pre-developed plan.
- Track and monitor costs and assist in budget management.
- Provide ongoing analysis to Senior CWTA Management.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to deal professionally in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to maintain a neutral and objective position within a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Highly organized, detail oriented.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on working collaboratively and building effective teams.
- Strong and effective project management skills, coupled with an ability to multitask and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Flexible and able to effectively manage and overcome obstacles and delays.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, or part of a team as required.
- Bilingual (English and French) is considered essential.
- Mature, positive and outgoing personality with an ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically in all situations.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to ensure current initiatives are successfully maintained and new projects brought to successful completion.
- Ability to understand others needs and respond to them proactively.
- Ability to travel.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in project or program management/coordination.
- Public policy and/or government relations experience.
- Experience working in a membership-based organization or an Association is considered an asset.
- Experience in the communications, wireless or telecommunications industries is also considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point, Email
- Financial tracking and budget management best practices
- Knowledge related to other wireless industry initiatives – asset
Qualified applicants should submit a covering letter, including salary expectations, and their résumé via email to: email@example.com.
Please note in the subject line: Program Coordinator.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The CWTA thanks all those who apply.