ET Canada is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Production Resource Specialist. You will work directly with the Executive and Co-Executive Producers and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative and accounting duties for them as well as for the production. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, professional and capable of managing their workload while prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced television production environment.
Division: ET Canada
Work Status: Full time
Location: 81 Barber Greene Rd, Toronto, ON
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Producer, Co-Executive Producer and Production Manager, you will be responsible for office administration duties, production support and light accounting.
- Support Executive Producer and Co-executive producer to carry out administrative duties as needed.
- Manage e-mail, mail, telephone and redirect inquiries to appropriate team members on a daily basis.
- Complete and track spending with external vendors and produce accurate accruals.
- Track costs and manage invoices in a variety of areas such as freelance crew, travel, wardrobe and special events.
- Accountable for bi-monthly timesheets for staff hours and overtime as well as any upgrades.
- Complete expense reports for Executive Producer, Co-Executive Producer and on-air talent.
- Reconcile and complete company credit card reports for Executive Producer, Co-Executive Producer and on-air talent.
- Manage, book and track billing for all travel (including air, car, accommodation etc.) for entire production and crew members.
- Responsible for securing per diems for all production crew in various currencies as required.
- Draft and prepare complex presentations, often under limited guidance.
- Event planning, coordination and budgeting, including divisional meetings, conferences, employee events.
- Prepare and distribute weekly, and monthly management reports
- Maintain the office’s supplies and office equipment and monthly budget.
- Manage flow of paperwork requiring manager’s approvals Eg. HR needs, Contra Agreements, Capital Asset disposal/transfer/sale, contracts.
- Act as liaison for all HR department requirements and responsibilities including Requests to hire, job postings and new hire packages.
- Monthly forecasting with insights from Production Manager and the Finance department.
- Month end Budget review with Production Manager to ensure accuracy and explain overages to Executive Producer & the Finance department.
- Prepare and assist with production contracts, permits and certificates as required.
- Work with Executive Producer and Co-Executive producer to schedule calls, meetings and manage the flow of information.
- Create presentation decks.
What We Need From You:
- Highly proficient computer skills and extensive experience using MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and MS PowerPoint.
- Accounting and finance knowledge a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to correspond effectively with senior management, staff and outside business contacts.
- Ability to recognize, handle and protect highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, complex tasks and projects concurrently.
- Superior time-management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role ideally with a production or broadcasting unit.
- Post-Secondary Education specializing in business administration, production and/or office management.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Proactive, positive team member with strong interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and a quick learner.
- High level of energy to manage heavy workload.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 9, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.