Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about production accounting? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will challenge you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join our team, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Production Accountant, Content and working closely with our Producers you will be responsible for managing accounting and cost-reports for multiple productions.
- The following are the primary functions, but do not outline all of the duties that may be assigned to this position:
- Managing accounting and cost-reports for multiple projects.
- Executing final cost reports and expertly managing associated audits of that report as it relates to funding agencies (example: CAVCO, OMDC, CMF and Bell Fund).
- Create journal entries and run reports in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Process AP invoices, prepare additional documents to support payments, work with contacts and agreements, review timesheets.
- Track costs and execute Account reconciliations.
- Liaise with Senior Producers, Producers and Production Managers on cost report variance analysis.
- Assist with compiling additional documentation for audit binders and funding agencies.
What We Need From You:
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- Exhibits willingness to be adaptable as well as flexible and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a film or television/entertainment content environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sound judgment, business acumen, and can confidently and effectively address issues.
- Handles confidential and sensitive records with a high degree of discretion and diligence.
- Effective at liaising with other departments in order to obtain key information to accurately produce cost-reports and other financials as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize jobs effectively within allotted time frame.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Enrollment in an accounting designation program an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must have extremely high level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced level of Excel
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.