The Product Manager is accountable for driving the profitability of existing telecom products in an assigned portfolio, developing and evolving products and services from existing ideas. Facilitate the process of gathering and developing new ideas based on industry experience, knowledge of market and technology trends to meet corporate objectives. As owner of the product, lead the implementation of product enhancements and new solutions, working with stakeholders across the enterprise. Through a blend of business and technical savvy, the Product Manager sees the big-picture and has the drive to make it happen.
As an effective communicator has the ability to shift from strategy to tactics. The Product Manager collaborates across the organization to define product requirements based on customer/market need and business priorities. With marketing communications the Product Manager will help define the go-to-market strategy, ensuring there is an understanding of the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. Serve as the internal and external evangelist for the product, working closely with sales channels and key customers.
- Manage the complete product life cycle from concept to end of life.
- Translate marketing roadmap and business priorities into detailed business requirements; collaborate cross functionally and with external vendors as appropriate; manage through development lifecycle and enterprise governance processes.
- Identify and analyze opportunities to strengthen product performance and profitability. Lead the development of business cases to support new product introductions and innovations. Champion the initiatives across stakeholder groups, with end to end accountability; manage all aspects including initiation, planning, execution, process development, business readiness.
- Oversee implementation ensuring the timely and quality execution and delivery to cross functional stakeholders, sales channels and customers.
- Provide stakeholders accurate and relevant information in the form of training and marketing collateral including updates to products, services and price changes.
- Seek out alternative solutions or workflow enhancements to deliver interim solutions in advance of full product readiness, system development or integration.
- Support Customer Solution Engineers by delivering formal presentations to customer groups.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The incumbent requires a post-secondary degree in business combined with 3 to 5 year’s marketing experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are complimented by strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-focused environment. Keys to success in this position include high attention to detail with a focus on solutions, results and continuous improvement as well as sound analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. The incumbent must be adaptable to change, get personally involved in making changes happen and possess creativity, integrity and a strong work ethic. The ability to work with other professionals to accomplish corporate and departmental objectives and to complete assigned initiatives within tight timeframes is also required.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Apply here: https://www.nwtel.ca/about-us/work-us