Find opportunity and adventure in Canada’s North.
At Northwestel, we're driven by a common vision of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the North.
Join the Northwestel team and enjoy a unique balance of rewarding work and the extraordinary lifestyle that awaits you and your family in the North!
We know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, you’ll enjoy competitive pay, team incentive plan, comprehensive benefit program and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Discover the North by Northwestel, meet our people, and hear their stories on our website or on Instagram(northbynwtel).
As the Product Manager for WAN Services, you will be the subject matter expert for Northwestel's legacy and next generation data services including Analog and Digital Private Line, V-Connect, EWAN, and EMAN. You will provide customers support by working collaboratively with other departments such as Sales, Customer Solutions, and Engineering for standard and special build service requests.
You see the big-picture and are in a unique position to introduce and manage products and technologies that will shape communications in Northern Canada.
You should understand strategic and competitive product positioning and deliver technology products that are in demand in the mass market, develop product requirements documents, leverage market intelligence, in-depth knowledge of industry developments, and perform business cases and cost/benefit analysis.
You will define and analyze milestones and metrics to ensure product success while building trusted and highly effective working relationships across Northwestel including working with engineering, finance, regulatory, equipment vendors, and market facing teams.
Demonstrate thought leadership and influence technical and business stakeholders across all management levels both internally and externally. Skilled at leading technical market analysis and user needs assessment.
- Analyze, predict and process data such as revenues, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Manage the complete product life cycle.
- Identify and analyze opportunities to strengthen product performance and profitability while managing all aspects including initiation, planning, execution, process development, business readiness and implementation.
- Provide training and marketing collateral including updates to products, services and price changes.
- Provide monthly revenue variance analysis and report to senior and executive management team and annual budget forecast.
- Working with Regulatory and BED to ensure tariff compliance for CRTC regulated services.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- B Comm - in related technical field or equivalent practical experience with experience in business, finance, commerce, marketing, and technical areas with the ability to learn/fill in gaps.
- Preference will be given to incumbents with an understanding of all aspects of the telecommunications industry.
- Experience working within fast-paced technology companies and technical environments.
- Communications skills.
- Adaptable to change, gets personally involved in making change happen and possess creativity, integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Organizational, business development, and analytical skills including, demonstrated technical ability.
As a safety conscious organization, we expect all employees to participate in organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures.
What we offer you:
- Health Benefits
- Team Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation with a Vacation Travel Allowance
- Work-Life Balance
- Community Involvement
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel's Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.