Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Product Manager located in Whitehorse, YT.
The Product Manager sees the big-picture and is in a unique position to introduce and manage products and technologies that will shape communications in Northern Canada.
This role should understand strategic and competitive product positioning and deliver technology products that are in demand in the mass market, develop product requirements documents, leverage market intelligence, in-depth knowledge of industry developments, and by perform business cases and cost/benefit analysis.
You will define and analyze milestones and metrics to ensure product success while building trusted and highly effective working relationships across Northwestel including working with engineering, finance, regulatory, equipment vendors, and market facing teams.
Demonstrate thought leadership and influence technical and business stakeholders across all management levels both internally and externally. Skilled at leading technical market analysis and user needs assessment.
- Analyze, predict and process data such as revenues, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Manage the complete product life cycle.
- Identify and analyze opportunities to strengthen product performance and profitability while managing all aspects including initiation, planning, execution, process development, business readiness and implementation.
- Provide training and marketing collateral including updates to products, services and price changes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- B Comm - in related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Preference will be given to incumbents with an understanding all aspects of the telecommunications industry.
- Experience working within fast-paced technology companies and technical environments.
- Experience in business, finance, commerce, marketing, and technical areas with the ability to learn/fill in gaps.
- Communications skills.
- Adaptable to change, get personally involved in making change happen and possess creativity, integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Organizational, business development, and analytical skills including, demonstrated technical ability.
As a safety conscious organization, we expect all employees to participate in organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
What we offer you:
- Health Benefits
- Team Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation with a Vacation Travel Allowance
- Work-Life Balance
- Community Involvement
How to Apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.