About the Job
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager, you will have a strong communication, technical and editorial background coupled with a passion for technology. As a representative of Eastlink Community TV, you will be an active community member ensuring programs produced are relevant to local audience. Thorough, organized and driven to take ownership and accountability for their work, the successful candidate will have the skills to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Produce, direct, edit productions and ensure consistent compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
- Co-ordinate and develop efficiencies that will allow maximum output.
- Train and develop volunteer production crews.
- Create positive relationships with the community, collecting programming sponsorships.
- Conduct pre-production and post-production meetings and program critiques.
- Foster positive working relationships within the programming department as well as with volunteers, other company departments, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and elected officials.
- Seek out relevant community organizations and individuals to develop effective local programming.
- Meet all legal and policy requirements under the Health & Safety Act.
- Comply with CRTC regulations and guidelines.
- Television production experience is an asset.
- Degree in Television Production or post-secondary education in Television Production or Broadcasting is an asset.
- Experience in studio production, ENG/EFP, and multi-camera mobile production.
- Experience in non-linear Avid editors.
- Experience in contract and partnership management.
- Knowledge of production equipment,edit suites, and computer graphics.
- A valid Alberta driver's license with good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects (e.g. 20 kg)
- Frequently required to work outside year around.
- Reside within the local cable system network.
Eastlink is focused on creating an environment which promotes individual growth and career satisfaction. Creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and innovation drive us. We’re looking for people who have the passion for our business, our values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.