Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
EastLink is presently seeking a Premise Equipment Material Control Specialist to work with our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Premise Equipment Material Control Specialist is responsible for the optimization, deployment, recovery, recycling and control of all premise equipment inventoried and deployed throughout EastLink operations. Ensuring accurate information on premise equipment status and location is maintained, the Specialist will be responsible for internal supply chain and service level performance through reconciling forecasts to the RGU budget, issuance and activation rates.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Review and approve premise equipment requests;
• Manage deployed inventory levels to ensure required inventory levels are maintained;
• Conduct field audits to determine if policies and being followed and inventory counts are accurate;
• Investigate inventory discrepancies and recommend appropriate adjustments;
• Manage obsolescence program for serialized equipment.
The successful candidate is a focused, results driven individual who is detail orientated, analytical, enjoys taking initiative and problem solving within a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Post secondary education focused in business, materials management, supply management, supplier contract admisitration, engineering, or a related field;
• Minimum 4 years of previous experience in forecasting and materials control;
• Knowledge of materials management process and methodologies;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, fluency in Excel required;
• Understanding of supply chain management;
• Exposure to auditing techniques and methodologies an asset;
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team while being accountable for individual responsibilities;
• Knowledge of telecommunications and information technology industries an asset.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.