What we do at Shaw matters – in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Plant Technician, you will:
• Splice, join, connect and test fibre optic cables; Determine nature, cause and location of trouble
• Diagnose, repair and build all components of an outside coaxial/fiber optic network
• Documenting and reporting on completed Splicing work
• Operate test equipment related to the maintenance of 2-way coaxial and fiber systems including system analyzers, field strength meters, TDR and locators
• Maintain accurate system records and support documentation regarding all work orders
• Work with various internal departments to collaborate and resolve sophisticated, customer-impacting issues in an effective and timely manner
• Various other duties as needed
A typical day
Responsible for the construction and maintenance of our outside plant network to deliver an outstanding customer experience on a continual basis.
What We Offer:
• Inclusive training that combines classroom theory with practical, hands-on experience
• Comprehensive, employer-paid benefit plan, paid vacation, and investment opportunities
• Discount on Shaw services in addition to national and regional corporate discounts
• Dedicated resources for continuous learning, and career development opportunities across Canada
• Maintain a valid full class-5 driver’s license with annual abstract review
• Comfortable working outside year-round
• Interest in fibre cable splicing (we’ll train you if you’re willing)
• Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work various shifts including evenings, out-of-town work, rotational on-call duties, weekends and statutory holidays when required
• Physically able to perform all aspects of job including working at heights, heavy lifting, and maneuvering through crawl spaces
• Customer-centric focus, and commitment to quality control excellence
• Technical acumen, with a desire to stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends
• Self starter who can discover, develop and coordinate Field projects
• Always performs work with safety on top of mind and adheres to all safety requirements
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check
• As a condition of employment, all new employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a federally approved COVID-19 vaccine (or proof of a valid exemption)
Posting closing date:January 20, 2022
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.