WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
What you’ll do:
• Design both RF and optical networks using best practices and approved specifications
• Develop outside network route designs using underground and aerial methods as appropriate to complete network expansions, rebuilds, or repairs
• Prepare permits, designs, documentation, and record keeping of network infrastructure builds, rebuilds, rehabilitation projects etc. utilizing Computer Aided Design (CAD) software
• Incorporate industry standards and best practices into Planning & Design operations
• Develop and update construction, optical network design, and RF network standards and best practices
• Meet with external contacts to discuss project scope and strategies; conduct field surveys and attend site meetings
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Post-secondary education in Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering or a Telecommunications Program or combination of education and experience with strong focus on design/drafting
• Experience with underground and/or aerial construction, RF or optical systems design or Experience/Knowledge of outside plant cable system design and drafting, HFC would be considered assets
• Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD would be considered and asset
• Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project teams
• Detail-oriented with solid problem solving and analytical skills
• Multi-tasking ability; adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
• Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors own quality of work
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
Deadline for applications: NOON on Monday, May 10, 2021.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.