6080 Young St, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Req #540
Monday, November 19, 2018
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Coordinator (14 month term position) is a highly experienced and effective payroll & service expert with a superior understanding of payroll practices, Canadian legislation and highly complex customer requirements. The successful incumbent must have exceptional service skills and possess the ability & flexibility to handle multiple tasks & projects while making themselves available to support both their internal & external clients.
• Verification and processing of electronic timesheet data
• Processing and maintaining of employee master files
• Analyzing and auditing of payroll transactions
• Monthly reporting and reconciliations
• Updating time and attendance system with employment changes
• Post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance would be considered an asset;
• CPA certification and/or equivalent of 5-7 years of experience;
• Technical aptitude to work with a complex payroll system;
• Strong computer and payroll systems skills including Excel;
• Ability to follow established policies & procedures;
• Be an excellent communicator;
• Ability to react quickly to changing conditions and requirements
• Understanding of unionized collective agreements
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.