Date: Oct 18, 2018
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape our future.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Videojournalist (part time)
Location: CTV Winnipeg
Salary: Unifor Local 816M – Group 13. Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 24 hours per week. Varying shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Overtime and additional hours as required, especially during peak holiday periods.
• Contributing scripts, video, and pictures to the station website and social media platforms;
including but not limited to breaking news, feature news, and daily news
• Research and build web interactive elements to compliment online stories
• Create photo galleries
• Generating original story ideas for on-air and online presentation
• Interviewing story subjects
• Story writing and voicing
• Developing and maintaining contacts in the community and with news making organizations
• Operating an ENG camera
• Editing video and sound material
• Contribute to the station’s ongoing diversity initiatives, and actively reflect the diversity of the Manitoba community in daily news coverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education in broadcast journalism
• Two years’ experience in a newsroom
• Demonstrated excellence in storytelling and strong presentation skills
• Solid knowledge of broadcast law
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work unsupervised
• Must have strong copy editing skills, clear and concise writing skills, an excellent command of the English language and excellent spelling skills
• Possess strong news and editorial judgment
• Must be well versed in a variety of computer programs as well as having a familiarity with the Internet and social media
• Proficient in Canadian Press Style
• Proven ability to identify and master social media trends
• Have a demonstrated ability to work in a deadline driven team environment
• Ability to deal with new and emerging technology
• Must possess a valid and unrestricted Class 5 or equivalent driver’s licence
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Media – Talent
Position Level: Unifor 816M – CTV Winnipeg
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Application Deadline: 10/29/2018
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online and forward a current demo directly to email@example.com.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the only information related to the Performance Management Process (PMP) that should be included on your resume or cover letter is your current rating (Exceeds, Achieves, etc.). A more detailed copy of your PMP may be requested at a later date.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, MB, Winnipeg