Posted: July 22nd 2020
Expires: August 5th 2020
Travel: Locally (Vehicle provided)
Rate of Pay: $19-$23 per hour
Customer Contact: Yes
To Apply: Email email@example.com with cover letter and resume.
As a member of an experienced in-field technical team, you will be responsible to identify, troubleshoot and correct service problems in the copper & fiber optic plant. Troubleshooting includes any faults found from the mainline through to the customer’s premises, which would impair the operation of WTC’s services (Digital Cable, Internet and Telephone). Committed to maintaining our outside plant network in a timely and effective way, you will work towards the ultimate goal of providing the superior services that WTC Communications is known for.
WTC Communications provides in-house technical and safety training as well as training on specific services and duties that will increase with experience to ensure you have the skills to succeed.
The ideal candidate is a graduate of a recognized Electronics program with relevant industry repair and maintenance experience.
· Basic knowledge of the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
· Basic knowledge of Twisted Pair Cable (Category 1-6, FTP, STP, UTP)
· Basic knowledge of twisted pair 25-pair colour code
· Basic knowledge of Fiber Optic Cable (Single-mode, Multi-mode)
· Basic knowledge of Optical Cable Colour Coding
· Basic knowledge of Narrowband Access Networks (Dialup, T1)
· Basic knowledge of Broadband Access Networks (DSL, ADSL, Fiber)
· Basic knowledge of Structured Wiring, Residential and Business
· Basic knowledge of Industry Specific Diagnostic Equipment
· Basic knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS:
Good communication skills and command of the English language – both written and oral
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments
Possess a valid Ontario drivers license and non-negligent driving record
Perceive differences in wire and cable colours
Climb ladders/towers and work aloft with hand tools
Lift and/or pull up to 120lbs
Work outdoors in all kinds of weather
Work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, manholes and other confined places
Use computers including hand-held models to update work status and check new assignments
Work mandatory overtime and holidays as service conditions required
· Install and maintain residential and business lines
· Install and maintain network access equipment
· Install and maintain private branch exchange systems (PBX)
· Install and maintain structured wiring (twisted pair & fiber)
· Troubleshoot telephone line issues
· Troubleshoot network access issues
WTC Communications is a leading provider of telephone, internet and communications products, serving business and residential clients throughout Eastern Ontario. Established in 1932, WTC offers innovative software and hardware technology to our broad range of clients.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.