WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you’ll do:
• Source, develop, standardize, and train all aspects of outside plant networks including CATV, Docsis, FTTx (GPON), OLT’s, and power & distribution technologies
• Identify and rectify OSP problems with innovative industry standard solutions
• Assist in the development of future designs and drawings
• Test and certify all new and existing OSP infrastructure equipment and systems
• Adhere to the industry standard regarding construction and maintenance of the entire OSP structure
What you’ll bring to the team:
• 2-year Communications Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience with the telecommunications field including direct experience in the following: network installation and repair, construction, Docsis OSP and network, and FTTx OSP and network
• Analytical ability and technical aptitude; thorough comprehension of fibre optic and broadband maps
• Advanced understanding of construction wiring practices and equipment for OSP systems
• Exceptional customer service skills; friendly, courteous, and professional
• Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.