Division: Radio, 900 CHML
Work Status: Part-Time
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
About the Role:
Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate will handle the technical production and board operation of CHML’s live and recorded programs, and be available for other shifts as required.
- Operating iMedia Touch, Broadcast Audio Board, Adobe Audition, Word Press/OMNY and other record and playback software in the Master Control room.
- Responsible for the execution of iMedia Touch logs, airing commercials & program elements.
- Responsible for keeping hosts/newsroom/guests aware of applicable programming issues.
- Responsible for keeping social media platforms up to date (posting interviews, etc.)
- Edit and archive current program elements, including interviews etc. as required.
- Call guests for shows if/when required.
- Liaise with listeners on contest activity, general information or other issues.
- Answering phone calls from listeners.
- Other duties as required
What We Need From You:
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Above average computer skills.
- Knowledge of iMedia Touch, Adobe Audition, the Zephyr/switcher system and Burli is an asset.
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that enables the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.