Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada Req #1022
Thursday, September 24, 2020
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of over 1500 team members.
Eastlink is currently seeking an Operations Manager to coach, lead and support an experienced in-field technical team based in our Sudbury, ON and surrounding areas supporting our technicians. In this role you will provide exceptional leadership aligned to a culture of high performance and employee engagement while helping our technically-savvy technicians deliver an exceptional customer experience. The Operations Manager will leverage reporting in order to contribute to the organization in a way that positively impacts performance metrics and CES (Customer Experience Score) with strong consideration to Eastlink’s Core Values. Fostering a safety first culture, the Operations Manager will ensure their team has the knowledge, skill set and resources to achieve their goals.
As the ideal candidate you are committed to providing excellent customer service and are able to achieve results through collaboration and team work. You are highly organized and have the skill set to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, deadline driven environment. Your business acumen, technical aptitude and work ethic have given you the tools to lead by example and proactively anticipate, prevent and solve problems.
• Post-secondary education is required
• Minimum 3 years of previous leadership experience coupled with a proven track record of coaching/mentoring employees to reach their full potential
• Technical aptitude and interest in keeping up-to-date with changing technology
• Experience within the Telecommunications industry considered to be an asset
• Exposure to managing a department budget
• Strong computer skills working with programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and exposure to job specific software programs; comfortable working on multiple devices (computer, tablet, smartphone)
• Experience analyzing and interpreting data
• Valid driver’s license coupled with a satisfactory driver’s abstract and criminal background check
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Mobile, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.