Division: ET Canada
Work Status: Full Time
Location: 81 Barber Greene Road
About the Role:
Are you passionate about entertainment and pop culture? Are you creative and can think outside the box to deliver entertainment in a fresh way? ET Canada has an exciting opportunity to join our online team as an online editor
Reporting to the Co-Executive Producer, the successful applicant will possess:
- The ability to follow story from beginning to end (from paper edit to completed segment)
- Experience overseeing the shooting and editing of packaged stories and segments
- Writing of scripts
- Good editorial judgment (knowing what makes a great story/ sound bite) & journalistic principles
- Experience writing online articles, galleries and creating engaging video content for Facebook, Youtube, Twitter & Instagram
- A knowledge of WordPress and other online publishing systems
- An interest and knowledge of pop culture, the ability to think outside the box and bring a fresh new spin on entertainment news stories
- Excellent writing skills
- Being able to edit and vet other producers work
- Assigning of work to other team members
- Evening/Weekends work when assigned
What We Need From You:
- Min Three (3) years experience as a writer
- Min Two years experience as a producer
- Min Two years in an online editing role
- Experience working in a fast paced environment where time management skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience working on a daily show
- WordPress experience
- Social media expertise
- A passion for entertainment with a keen interest in Canadian entertainment and history.
- Experience in the online environment, especially video production and writing for the web.
- Must be able to adapt in a rapidly changing media and technology landscape.
- Must have first-hand experience using mobile devices on a daily basis as well as working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook,
- YouTube, Snapchat, etc), and related applications.
- Ability to handle the demands and pressure of multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines.
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
- Experience using live streaming hardware (Elemental, Spinnaker, Tricaster) and applications – Facebook Live, Snappy TV
- Knowledge of video workflow from booking feeds and ingest to online distribution.
- Journalism degree is an asset
- The ability to write/produce web, text and social-media versions of news stories.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Creative mind with the ability to think outside the box and problem solve.
- A team player that can work both independently and within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a high-pressure situation
- Self-motivated individual that can be counted on to make decisions
- Effectively manage time and work under pressure
- Have a love for entertainment
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than November 29 2018.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.