Amaze Film + Television is an international film and television production company based in Toronto, founded by producers Michael Souther and Teza Lawrence. Amaze is a small team that works closely together, and we’re looking for a self-starter: someone who is positive, helpful, with a “can-do” and “will-do” attitude, and unafraid to make decisions and get the job done.
We’re looking for: Someone who is proactive and pre-emptive when looking after the needs of our staff and guests. We need someone detail-oriented and especially diligent with travel — who can be counted on to follow up on all details, be they big or small! In short: a real go-getter, who is in the industry for the longhaul! You are a people person with a sense of humour, and it would be helpful if you are an “outside the box” thinker and decision-maker. The partners are not always at the office, so we need someone who can be there to support the office and staff, with a smile and a cup of tea, and anything else they made need assistance with.
Scope of Position:
• Oversee and manage the partners’ schedules. This includes planning and booking meetings, scheduling phone calls, and making reservations.
• Set up and send out regular reminders for meetings. Be the HUB for ensuring information is being shared to staff members.
• Respond to telephone and in-person inquiries, make travel arrangements, order supplies, pick up groceries, arrange for couriers/Fed-Ex, post mail, ensure office equipment is functioning, and respond to staff needs.
• Provide logistical support to development, production, business affairs and digital staff as needed.
• Organize Executive Producers’ petty cash and expenses into spreadsheets for accounts payable.
• Help oversee and coordinate the IT and telecommunications infrastructure, troubleshoot technical issues, and make sure back-ups run smoothly.
• Ensure the office is maintained to professional standards.
• Respond promptly to ad hoc requests from guests and office staff.
• Experience with Photoshop a plus!
Amaze is a small team that works closely together. We look forward to meeting our future colleague – this could be you! Please reply in confidence with a cover email and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Office Administrator” in the subject header. Competition remains open until our ideal team player is found!
Please take a moment to pay it forward and share! This is a great opportunity for someone 2-3 years post diploma; looking for a full-time TV opportunity with a solid, tried and true employer!