The Product Manager role will be based out of Toronto and will report to the Director, VOD & PPV.
The Product Manager, VOD (Video on Demand) and PPV (Pay Per View) will serve as an integral member of the Video Product Management team. The primary role of this position will be to manage the day-to-day operations of the VOD platform, PPV and Sports Events, and associated products and services. Working closely with cross functional teams including Product Marketing and Video Operations, the Product Manager, Niche and PPV will be responsible for driving revenue and other key business indicators to achieve the financial and RGU targets of the company.
Manage the following key products and associated activities:
- Maximize the Sports and Pay Per View business. Key sports properties include: UFC, WWE, and Boxing.
- Maximize take/buy/revenue on Adult VOD – identify new opportunities (and existing issues) effectively merchandise content, explore and implement marketing/strategy initiatives, work effectively within set parameters/restrictions
- Define Merchandising
- Manage Product relationships with external content partners to ensure Video Product plans/objectives are met, including manage/liaise with content providers to ensure timely and compliant delivery of all content.
- Monitor Operations to ensure timely processing of all content
- Reporting/providing insight to Senior Management
- Act as a subject matter expert for internal parties including Customer Service, Public Relations and Product Marketing requiring detailed information regarding VOD & PPV
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations – requires knowledge and understanding of Rogers, OFRB, CRTC regulations
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in a programming/broadcast/media/cable role
- University Degree: Bachelor's in Business or Radio & Television Arts (or equivalent), MBA preferred
- Area of focus: Marketing, Merchandising, Retail, General Management
- Experience in product management, ideally in a transactional business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict and issue resolution
- Strong communication and collaborative skills.
- Understanding of technology and technical systems
- Experience managing a P&L an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills required (organized, efficient and detail-oriented)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Passionate about TV, Movies, Sports, and New Media
Apply directly at the folllowing link: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=17764&company=RCI&username=