O P P O R T U N I T I E S
This notification will serve to inform that CHCH-TV has an immediate requirement for a part-time News Writer. The position reports to Mike Katrycz, Vice President of News.
- Write news copy
- Conduct research
- Maintain contacts
Ideal candidates must:
- Possess at least six months experience in television news writing
- Demonstrate strong spelling and grammar skills
- Demonstrate strong visual literacy
- Be well organized
- Be prepared to work various shifts including overnights
- Possess a broadcast diploma or equivalent
- Be familiar with the newsmakers and current events of Southern Ontario
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Have an enhanced driver’s license or passport
- Have a working knowledge of ENPS
The hiring decision will be made by Mike Katrycz, Vice President, News.
This is a union position, Functional Group EE, Classification Rate 9
Posting Date: November 3, 2014 Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. November 14, 2014
Applicants should send their resume, demo reel and letter of interest quoting reference number CHCH-10-01-14 to email@example.com.
About Channel Zero Inc.
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH Ontario and a growing bouquet of specialty channels including Rewind, Silver Screen Classics and Fight Now! TV – the first 24/7 combat sports channel to air in the U.S. The company is parent to Channel Zero Digital, which owns popular sites Andpop and ChartAttack, and the digital companions of its broadcast brands. Channel Zero World Media operates Bollywood Times, Mehndi TV and Halla Bol – Canada’s first South Asian HD TV channels. Channel Zero also operates Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company. For more information, please visit www.tvchannelzero.com.
CHCH started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces more original news programming than any other local television station in North America. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. For more information, please visit www.chch.com.