Date: Feb 12, 2019
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Req Id: 229684
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Hours of Work: 20 to 25 Hours/Week
The News Writer/Producer serves as news producer with responsibility for coordinating news coverage, writing news stories, delivering news stories as needed, setting up live interviews, and supporting the talk shows. The position also serves as News Anchor and reporter on-air as scheduled.
• Serve as news producer for radio newscasts including researching, writing and compiling news stories, scheduling live interviews, and supporting the talk shows
• Coordinate and update stories and feeds
• Provide real time feeds of news material to the web site and social media outlets
• Serve as on-air news anchor and reporter as scheduled
• Prepare and update news stories for use during later shifts
• The selected candidate must be able to quickly switch priorities, multi-task, and get along with others
• Other duties as required
• At least 1 year on-air broadcast news experience
• Previous on-air anchoring or hosting and reporting experience
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit news copy
• Strong interviewing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressure
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.bellmedia.ca. Internal candidates please apply through Jobs@Bell on Bellnet and log in using your Entry Point login. *MUST SUBMIT DEMO TAPE TO BE CONSIDERED*
Please quote reference number: 211594
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bell Canada has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Media – Talent
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Application Deadline: 02/28/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.