O P P O R T U N I T I E S
This notification will serve to inform that a career opportunity exists at CHCH TV in Hamilton, Ontario for a part-time Reporter. The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions and does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Source and Report current and accurate weather and traffic information
- Interview, Write, Research
- Initiate stories and segments
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate must possess:
- At least one year of reporting experience in a live environment
- An energetic and engaging personality
- Demonstrably superior live presentation and ad lib skills
- A demo reel exhibiting major-market presentation excellence
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Must be prepared to work various shifts, including early morning
- A broadcast diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- An enhanced driver’s license or passport
- A working knowledge of ENPS and WSI
This is a union position: News Reporter, Functional Group G1, Classification Rate 10.
Posting Date: November 14, 2014 Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. November 28, 2014
Channel Zero is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce.
Please send your resume, covering letter and demo reel quoting reference #
CHCH-11-02-14 in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org (No Phone Calls Please)
About Channel Zero Inc.
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH Ontario and a growing bouquet of specialty channels including Rewind and Silver Screen Classics. The company is parent to Channel Zero Digital, which owns popular sites Andpop and ChartAttack, and the digital companions of its broadcast brands. Channel Zero World Media operates Bollywood Times, Mehndi TV and Halla Bol – Canada’s first South Asian HD TV channels. Channel Zero also operates Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company. For more information, please visit www.tvchannelzero.com.
CHCH started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces more original news programming than any other local television station in North America. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. For more information, please visit www.chch.com.